Is There a ‘Best’ Toolbox for Trucks?
You are a truck owner looking for the best toolbox you can find. You have been all over the internet, reading reviews and checking out product descriptions. All you have to show for it is enough confusion to make you question your own sanity. Now you want to know, “is there a best toolbox for trucks?”
The capitalist nature of humanity tempts us to say ‘yes’, followed by pointing you to a very expensive toolbox on which we might earn a healthy commission once you purchase it. But that is neither appropriate nor the purpose of our website. So in the interest of being honest and fair, we must tell you that there is no such thing as the ‘best’ in any product category.
So much of what we base purchase decisions on is influenced by personal preferences. The problem is this: your starting point in a particular product category might be solely based on function, whereas someone else would be more attuned to aesthetics. Since you both have different baselines from which to measure, you will both come up with different opinions as to what constitutes the best.
How to Find the Best Toolbox for Your Truck
We may not be able to point you to the best toolbox for trucks overall, but we can help you figure out which one is best for you. You need to step back and consider what is most important. Take a serious look at the following:
- Capacity – No toolbox is right for your truck if it doesn’t have the kind of storage capacity you need. So how much do you need? Are you looking for just enough capacity for a few hand tools, or are you a professional truck driver who needs space for everything from chains to truck tarps?
- Functionality – A toolbox is a functional object first, an aesthetic accessory second. It is more important that you make a purchase decision based on the function you need. You may be fine with just a big box of empty space. You may need a toolbox with multiple drawers and storage trays.
- Craftsmanship – Remember that old saying, ‘you get what you pay for’? It applies to toolboxes. If your truck barely leaves the road and your capacity needs are minimal, you probably don’t have to invest in a high-end toolbox boasting impeccable craftsmanship. If you go off-road a lot, you are going to want something that is well built.
- Size – Yes, size matters. Let’s say you’re driving a compact pickup truck. It doesn’t make sense to buy a toolbox so big that you use up most of your functional bed space. Keep it small. On the other hand, a large toolbox is a more suitable to full-size pickups and tractor-trailers.
- Budget – Last but not least is your budget. Whatever you consider to be best toolbox for trucks may be absolutely worthless if you cannot afford the price tag. And know this: no toolbox is worth going into debt to purchase. Buy what you can afford and leave it at that.
The Best Toolbox for Trucks Is Yours
The bottom line of this post is as follows: the best toolbox for trucks is yours. In other words, whatever you decide on based on the criteria listed above is the right choice for you. Do not worry about what anyone else says or thinks. And certainly don’t buy a specific model of toolbox just because you think everyone else is buying it.
Base your decision on the above criteria and you’ll wind up with something that’s right for you and your truck. And who knows? Everyone else in your circle of friends might ask you for advice before they go out and buy something.